I’ve never seen or heard this woman before, but she sure is a breath of fresh air! Finally, there is a woman with the integrity and guts to speak out against Islam, calling it what it truly is… TGO
I find it amusing how when I read one of these articles dealing with crazy Muslims blowing themselves up, exploding roadside bombs and the like, the stories are always classified under politics, as if the indoctrinated mental cripples that commit these acts do it for political reasons or are themselves politicians.
We’ve become so religiously apologetic to religions as a species that we can’t even classify an article which clearly deals with religion as such. How pathetic is that! When are we going to grow testicles and call a spade a spade, instead of always dancing around the real issue?
Let’s face it, Islam sucks, pure and simple. If someone straps on a vest and decides to end his life, and the life of others, that makes him the worst kind of human possible; a maggot, a brainless insect. And what other religion on the planet breeds these vermin? None, other than ISLAM.
It’s time people begin to openly discuss the fact that this cancer known as Islam is a despicable ideology which offers absolutely nothing positive for mankind; quite the contrary. It is the single biggest deterrent to the advancement of our species. TGO
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Three militants wearing explosives-rigged vests killed at least nine civilians, most of them children, in a botched attack Saturday on the Indian consulate in an eastern Afghan city near the border with Pakistan, security officials said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the assault in the city of Jalalabad, and the Afghan Taliban denied in a text message that it had carried out the attack. Militant groups based in Pakistan have been blamed for past violence targeting Indian interests in Afghanistan, including two attacks on the embassy in Kabul in 2008 and 2009.
Saturday’s attack began when two men wearing explosive vests got out of a car as it approached a checkpoint outside the consulate, prompting a police guard to immediately open fire on them, said Masum Khan Hashimi, the deputy police chief for Nangarhar province. As the two sides exchanged fire, a third militant still in the car detonated a large bomb inside the vehicle.
The blast killed nine bystanders and wounded another 24 people, including a policeman. Six of the dead and three of the wounded were children, said Jalalabad hospital director Dr. Humayun Zahir. All three attackers also died, although it was not clear how many were killed by police fire and how many by the explosion.
In New Delhi, India’s External Affairs Ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin said that all Indian officials in the consulate were safe and condemned the attack.
Without laying the blame for the bombing on any group, Akbaruddin hinted that the assault had been planned outside Afghanistan.
“This attack once again highlighted that the main threat to Afghanistan’s security and stability stems from terrorism and the terror machine that continues to operate from beyond its borders,” he said in statement. “India will not be deterred from its commitment to assist Afghanistan in its reconstruction and development effort.”
India has in recent years invested more than $2 billion in development aid for Afghanistan.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai also condemned the attack and lamented the loss of life.
Groups known for attacking Indian interests include Lashkar-e-Taiba, which was blamed for the 2008 attack on the Indian city of Mumbai that killed 166 people. LeT has been active in Afghanistan in recent years, often teaming up with insurgent groups operating in the eastern part of the country near the frontier with Pakistan. Last year the U.S.-led military coalition arrested a senior LeT leader in eastern Afghanistan.
India has been frustrated by Pakistan’s failure to crack down on Lashkar-e-Taiba, which has strong historical links with Pakistani intelligence. Islamabad has always viewed India as a potential rival in Afghanistan, which it considers its strategic backyard.
In 2010, two Kabul guest houses popular among Indians were attacked, killing more than six Indians. India blamed that attack on LeT.
The Indian Embassy was bombed in 2008 and again in 2009, leaving 75 people dead in the two attacks.
Saturday’s attack came as the U.S. planned to close its embassies in the Muslim world for the weekend due to an al-Qaida threat.
Also in Nangarhar province, 22 police officers and 76 Taliban were killed in the Sherzad district of Nangarhar in two days of battles with insurgents that broke out when militants shot a tribal elder, officials and police said.
The militant death toll could not be checked independently, but four separate officials confirmed the police death toll.
Fighting has intensified in eastern and southern parts of Afghanistan in recent months, especially since the mid-June handover of security responsibilities from the U.S.-led international military coalition to the Afghan national security forces. The Taliban have been fighting to regain ground they lost in the past three years to foreign forces, and violence is expected to spike again after the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
So far this year, a total of 613 Afghan and 470 Afghan soldiers have been killed in fighting.
The battles in the Sherzad district began on Wednesday when Taliban fighters shot and killed a tribal elder for allegedly cooperating with the Afghan government, sparking retaliation from the family and other villagers, residents said.
According to Ahmad Mushtaq, a villager, that initial gun battle killed a number of Taliban. The militants retaliated by kidnapping 12 members of a family, who were rescued by Afghan police backed by reinforcements from Jalalabad.
The reinforcements killed several Taliban in the fighting, Sherzad district chief Shukrullah Durani said, but the security forces were ambushed while returning to Jalalabad. In a battle which lasted hours, 22 police officers were killed along with scores of Taliban fighters, Durani and three other officials said. The three spoke anonymously as they were not authorized to talk to the media.
Durani said the police requested air support from NATO, but none came.
“If we had received air support we would not have lost such a big number of police and at the same time all Taliban in the area would have been killed and would not have escaped this time,” he said.
It was unclear why the police did not receive air support. Coalition forces do provide such assistance when requested and if the fighting is not in an inhabited area.
Associated Press writer Amir Shah contributed from Kabul.
BAGHDAD (AP) — Authorities say bombings and a drive-by shooting have killed eight people across Iraq.
Police officials said gunmen in a car killed two off-duty policemen near the northern city of Mosul on Saturday.
In the central Iraqi city of Tikrit, police say a roadside bomb explosion killed a father and his son.
In western Baghdad, a bomb went off near a line of car spare-part stores, killing two people and wounding seven others, officials say. In the southeast of the capital, a blast missed a police patrol but killed two civilian passers-by.
Medical officials confirmed the casualty figures for all attacks. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to talk to the media.
Iraqi has witnessed an uptick in violence during the past few months.
KANO, Nigeria (AP) — A Christian leader says he carried three bodies from this week’s multiple blasts in the northern Nigerian city of Kano to a military hospital, raising the toll to at least 27 dead.
Tobias Itika of the Christian group Ohaeneze said Friday the three were not counted in a toll from two other hospitals. He said other victims were treated at an orthopedic hospital but he did not have an exact figure. Two other hospitals reported treating 20 wounded.
Nigeria’s military said Islamic extremists Monday night planted multiple bombs around a Kano bar thronged with people.
Tuesday night, extremists killed eight people in an attack targeting teachers and Muslim clerics in northeast Nigeria.
The military warned Thursday of planned “massive attacks” in an ongoing Islamic uprising centered in Nigeria’s northeast.
It’s been proven time and time again; controversy pays. The greater the shock value the more people are drawn to it, especially in the United States. Had I been the publisher of the magazine I would have never put this filthy scum on the cover of my magazine. If I had been drunk out of my mind and somehow agreed to put a Muslim terrorist on the cover of a magazine, I would have selected the absolute worse photograph of that douche-bag. But I recognize that wouldn’t sell.
Refer to story below. Source: The Christian Science Monitor
In today’s media wars, there are winners and losers. And then there’s Rolling Stone magazine.
Though widely denounced for featuring a glam shot of Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on its Aug. 1 cover, Rolling Stone nonetheless comes out a winner – with sales of that particular issue soaring and the magazine’s profile raised in the crowded media marketplace.
Numbers released Wednesday by Magazine Information Network show that newsstand sales of the August issue were more than double the monthly average of the past year, according to news reports. The jump came in spite of refusals by retailers such as CVS and Walgreen’s to put that particular issue on their shelves, saying the cover photo glamorizes a suspected terrorist.
Only 5 percent of Rolling Stone’s circulation comes from single-copy sales, but the surge in newsstand sales for the August issue, to north of 13,000, is a lesson on how media works in today’s communication-saturated environment. The lesson, in short, is that publicity of almost any kind pays.
“Media boycotts most often play into the hands of those who are being targeted,” says Ben Bogardus, chairman of the journalism department at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. If the August issue had simply appeared without comment, it would not have garnered such numbers, he adds.
Beyond that, the controversy revives the magazine’s credibility, especially in the eyes of its targeted demographic: young people, says Mr. Bogardus.
“You have a group that sees itself as anti-establishment anyway, and now here is an issue that the Establishment is boycotting. This says to that desired demographic, ‘This is really something you should read,’ ” he says, noting that “you could not pay for” this kind of message-specific advertising.
In an effort to gain traction in a noisy media environment, media outlets try to reflect the social consciousness, says communications professor Joe Valenzano at the University of Dayton. After a certain publication or media outlet is in the spotlight, “people are curious.” The public is attracted to controversy, he says, and most people don’t pause to consider the underlying conflicts.
“There are probably people who will buy the issue for no other reason than it serves as a marker for this moment in history,” says Mr. Valenzano, noting that many people collect magazine covers for their historic or collectible value. “Think of how many people have held onto the magazine covers from 9/11 because they serve as a reminder of that moment in our collective history.”
While magazine sales may be up for Rolling Stone, its August issue hit a sour note with advertisers. Several companies with ads in the controversial issue, including Kraft and Proctor & Gamble, were unhappy that they had received no advance warning about the cover photo, notes a recent issue of Adweek. The firms are questioning whether to place future ads with Rolling Stone, company representatives told Adweek on condition of anonymity.
But the music-and-celebrity-driven publication can afford to let advertisers be momentarily unhappy, says Paul Levinson, author of “New New Media.” “I would tell them, ‘Go ahead and advertise in a magazine that has no impact and makes no contribution to a deeper understanding of the news,’ ” he says.
Rolling Stone, he suggests, provided an important service by examining the story behind a young man who, to all outward appearances, “is as normal as the guy in class next to you.” Further, says Mr. Levinson, the boycotters, not the magazine, are the ones who shirked an important public responsibility.
“It’s one thing for me to boycott a store and not enter the premises: I don’t impact anyone,” he says. But Levinson holds that a public store has a certain responsibility to make ideas available in the marketplace. “They interfered with the people’s ability to have a free flow of information, which is a cornerstone of our democracy,” he adds.
Even if advertisers shun the magazine and the boycott continues, Rolling Stone has won in an an invaluable way, says Robert Thompson, an expert in pop culture, at Syracuse University in New York.
“This controversy has put Rolling Stone back on the map in a way that it has not been noticed for a long time,” says Mr. Thompson. “When [the story] first broke, I had a 25-year-old student ask me if Rolling Stone was still being published,” he says. “I guarantee that he is not asking that question any more.”
CLEVELAND (AP) — Three months after an Ohio woman kicked out part of a door to end nearly a decade of captivity, a onetime school bus driver faces sentencing for kidnapping three women and subjecting them to years of sexual and physical abuse.
Prosecutors are expected to detail Ariel Castro’s daily assaults on the women, recounted in diaries that compared the women’s experience to that of prisoners of war. With the possibility of the death penalty for a forced miscarriage taken off the table, Castro stands to get life in prison plus 1,000 years on Thursday.
Cuyahoga County prosecutor Tim McGinty said in a sentencing memorandum filed Wednesday that Castro, who chained his captives and fed them only one meal a day, “admits his disgusting and inhuman conduct” but “remains remorseless for his actions.”
The memorandum says many of the specific charges in Castro’s indictment reflect conduct documented by one of the women in her diary.
“The entries speak of forced sexual conduct, of being locked in a dark room, of anticipating the next session of abuse, of the dreams of someday escaping and being reunited with family, of being chained to a wall, of being held like a prisoner of war … of being treated like an animal,” it says.
The sentencing could take up to four hours, court officials said, with Castro, his attorneys, his victims and prosecutors getting a chance to speak. The legal team representing the women’s interests declined to comment in advance on whether they would testify or send statements to the court.
In the court filing, McGinty offered new details of Castro’s treatment of the women, who he said were kept “in a state of powerlessness” through physical, sexual and psychological violence.
“He made them believe that their physical survival depended on him, and he threatened to end their lives if they did not comply with his every demand,” McGinty said.
Castro lured one of the women into his Cleveland home with the promise of a puppy for her son and tricked another by saying she could see his daughter, said McGinty.
He chained his captives by their ankles, fed them only one meal a day and provided plastic toilets in their bedrooms which were infrequently emptied, the filing said.
He menaced them with a gun, threatened them with tales of other captives, some of whom hadn’t made it home, and at one point locked all of them in a vehicle in his garage for three days while he had a visitor.
Castro claimed he didn’t have an exit strategy from his complicated double life and finally gave the women a chance to escape by leaving a door unlocked, the court filing said.
The women, each kidnapped separately when they accepted a ride from Castro on Cleveland’s blue-collar west side, quickly escaped after Amanda Berry kicked out the door panel May 6 and Castro was arrested within hours. The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old.
There was no comment from Castro’s defense team on the eve of sentencing.
Other horrific details of the women’s ordeal had already emerged, including tales of being chained to poles in the basement or a bedroom heater or inside a van, with one woman forced to wear a motorcycle helmet while chained in the basement and, after she tried to escape, having a vacuum cord wrapped around her neck.
Castro repeatedly starved and beat one of the victims each time she was pregnant, forcing her to miscarry five times.
He forced the same woman on threat of death to safely deliver the child he fathered with another victim on Christmas Day 2006. The same day, prosecutors say, Castro raped the woman who helped deliver his daughter.
Prosecutors will ask the judge to prohibit Castro from ever seeing his daughter, now 6.
McGinty says experts will also discuss how Castro was able to keep the women captive for so long.
Berry, 27, made a surprise onstage appearance at a rap concert last weekend, and a second victim, Gina DeJesus, 23, made a few televised comments as a privacy fence was being erected around her house. The third victim, Michelle Knight, 32, appeared with Berry and DeJesus in a video in early July thanking the community for its support.
Welsh-Huggins reported from Columbus.